Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lady MacDonald SE Ridge

Although I see the upper part of the ridge from my house, I never got around to climb it. As it turned out, it was a very worth wile scramble close to home. I left home at 9 and got back for lunch, just before the first rain shower. Still very unsettled weather in the Bow Valley, which prevents me from trying some of my bigger goals.The view back the ridge towards Grotto Mountain about 3 quarters of the way up. Some cool fossils can be found right on the ridge about 100m below the summit.

The famous and abounded Teahouse on the regular hiking trail is always a bit of an eyesore to me. Although I like the principal idea of it, I don't get it that someone gets away with this. The half finished building is rotting away up there since over 15 years, and nobody from the town officials seem to make the builder clean up his shit.

No comments: