Wednesday, July 1, 2009

wet outside, wetter inside



Kimbi surprised me with a little get away from Canada and the family and sent me for almost 3 weeks back home to Austria, thanks again. I sure was exited when she told me and I had all this plans dream routes on my mind which I wanted to do with my old friends over there. Although I did not climb any of my planned routes due to fairly wet conditions and other wet, mostly self made reasons, I still had a good time over there. For instance, I was able to break a new alcohol record for myself, which is quite remarkable for the age of 40. I saw a lot of sunrises without sun, all of them on the way home from a bar or friends. There was not a single night where I went to bed before one, and in most cases I would not have been able to even spell the word sober anymore.
Toni, who had to drive 2 times to Munich airport at 5 in the morning to get me, is pictured on one of the rare sunny days, on a nice, 6 pitch route in the Lienzer Dolomites. The lower 2 pictures on the left here are taken on my last day over there, which was the accumulation of my 20 days in the darkness of unsoberness. I spare you and myself with the details, but Ines, Lisi and foremost Paul were the unfortunate ones to witness it and I'm sure they are happy to tell you.

No comments: