Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nemesis

Finally I got out today, just in time before I have to sit for 5 days at my First Aid refreshing course. Since the weather sucked lately (at least for ice climbing) I did not make any plans with anybody, so I found myself driving alone towards Banff. The weather was nice and we had a cold night, so I was hoping to get a chance to climb a long time goal of mine. After climbing Nemesis at least 6 times already (honestly I lost count) and guiding the climb twice, I declared it as my favorite ice route. Now it was time to solo it, and I wanted to do it early in the season, to get virgin ice if possible. Well, everything worked out fine, I was the first one on the route this year, and it turned out to be the big challenge I was looking for. Now I can endure the next 5 days a little easier.

No comments: